The Djerriwarrh Festival is now in its 38th year – and is Melton’s signature, most beloved community event.
Features of the events are as follows:
- Vibrant Street Parade – this year’s theme “story time”
- The Lions Club Carnival
- A Market Village that will be busting at the seams
- Buskers Tree
- International food bazaar with over 20 vendors
- Community Showcase Ring featuring songsters, dancers and musicians from around the municipality
- NEW multicultural activation celebrating diversity
- Get Active Expo
- Return of the Pet Expo (was a big highlight last year)
- Youth Chill Out zone (new location)
- Community and Council Info hub
- Free activities for kids (12-5pm) including Tiny Tot Town, Petting Zoo and more.
- A main stage program that is absolutely 80’s/90’s fabtastic – featuring Aussie icons such as Dragon, Eurogliders, Sarah McLeod from The Super Jesus and more.
- HUGE fireworks finale